Outdoor Bonsai Kit
Perfect Place to Start yoru Bonsai Journey or an Excellent Gift.
This bundle includes everything you need to get started.
- Juniper (size 1) - Beautiful & Healthy Japanese Garden Juniper (latin - Juniperus Procumbens Nana). Ths is the most popular species for a reason. Hardy and versatile, great bark and growth, takes very well to prunnig and wiring. Everything you want in a Bonsai.
- Plastic Training Pot - Made from strong plastic to endure and stand up to the elements for years. These are the pots we use in our nursery to start training young trees into Bonsai.
- Matching Humidity Tray - Everywhere you look, a humidity tray is always a must have accessory for healthy Bonsai, so naturally we've added that as well.
- 1.5 Litre Base Substrate Mix - Professionally formulated bonsai mix, comprised of Sphagnum Peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and a llittle pine bark. This is our base substrate of chhoice for use on most of our Bonsai and to ensure your success, we've included enough so that you don't have to worry in what soil to plant your Bonsai in.
- Akadama (Medium) - One pound of imported Japanese deep mined Akadama. This inorganic substrate is renowned for it's moisture retention properties, while allowing for air flow to the roots. Since every species is a little different, they all require varying medium mixtures for ideal growing conditions. Mix in with the base substrate mix to achieve the perfect medium for your Juniper Bonsai.
- 2mm Anodized Aluminum Bonsai Wire - The most important accessory to help turn a young tree into a Bonsai is Bonsai wire. This wire is the perfect gauge to start shaping your Juniper into the masterpiece it will become.
- These shears are a precision cutting tool. But instead of Carbon Steel they are machined from Stainless Steel and equipped with a plastic handle for a more comfortable feel. Plastic Long Handle Shears are 8" long and 3" wide at the handle.