Indoor Bonsai Starter Kit
Perfect Place to Start your Bonsai Journey or an Excellent Gift.
This bundle includes everything you need to get started.
- Jade (size 1) - Beautiful, vigorous grower, perfect for the Canadian Climate. Can be grown indoors year round or taken outside in Spring to fall, then brought inside for the colder months. The Jade is the perfect tree to start your Bonsai journey, as it is forgiving, drought tolerant and develops quickly. Giving it a mature Bonsai look in a much shorter span of time, when compared with other species.
- Plastic Training Pot - Made from strong plastic to endure and stand up to the elements for years. These are the pots we use in our nursery to start training young trees into Bonsai.
- Matching Humidity Tray - Everywhere you look, a humidity tray is always a must accessory for healthy Bonsai, so naturally we've added that as well.
- 1.5 Litre Base Substrate Mix - Professionally formulated bonsai mix, comprised of Sphagnum Peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and a llittle pine bark. This is our base substrate of chhoice for use on most of our Bonsai and to ensure your success, we've included enough so that you don't have to worry in what soil to plant your Bonsai in.
- Akadama (Medium) - One pound of imported Japanese deep mined Akadama. This inorganic substrate is renowned for it's moisture retention properties, while allowing for air flow to the roots. Since every species is a little different, they all require varying medium mixtures for ideal growing conditions. Mix in with the base substrate mix to achieve the perfect medium for your Jade Bonsai.
- Long Handled Pruning Shears - The first tool every Bonsai artist needs is always a good pair of shears. These are a perfect tool to trim, prune and shape your Jade. The long handle and sharp blades help with getting in between the needles and making precision cuts.
- 3mm Anodized Aluminum Bonsai Wire - The most important accessory to help turn a young tree into a Bonsai is Bonsai wire. This wire is the perfect gauge to start shaping your Jade into the masterpiece it will become. We recommend using 3mm gauge so that you can shape the branches and trunk, without geting too tight, so as not to scar the bark.